Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Help! I need a new printer!!...and info about me!

My work holds a craft fair each year. I was hoping to be a part this year, but due to my right arm, it didn't come about. But, I did try to print some of my images, re-saving them as 300 dpi. What I found out, is the little scanner printer that I have, although it works great for printing off information, is not making the cut for my artwork. So, does anyone have a suggestion on a really good printer? I'm going to need to replace this one if I'm looking to open my etsy shop soon. So, thank you for your suggestions!!
I don't normally share information about myself, actually starting the blog as a way of inspiration and to get my digital artwork off the ground. But, I thought I might share a few tidbits today. I work full time and try to do my artwork in the evenings and on weekends. I don't have a lot of spare time, so that is why I chose to explore the digital end of creativity. My grandfather liked to draw pictures, so that is where I received my love of art. In fact, I wanted to be an artist when I grew up, but soon realized, in a high school creative art class, that you would be told what you had to draw and frankly, razors etc, were pretty boring to me. Who knew where art would be heading then! So, I did the reasonable thing, and studied accounting courses and took a job in the office of a retail store. I did that for a few years, until it was suggested I work at an Oil and Gas company. Now you have to understand, only men worked for these companies, sometimes even in the offices, but women were making their way, so I applied for the job, never thinking it would happen. Low and behold, I soon was the receptionist, and after two years I had moved on to be the only Geological Technician for the company. And, I'm the fourth generation to work in the business! My great-grandfather, grandfather and uncle all worked in some capacity in the oilfields. So, that is the reason I love to use fossils and rigs in my art work and the reason for the name "Art Legacy," as I have a legacy in art, coming from my grandfather and a legacy in my job.
I have two boys! The oldest, Samson, is 5 years old and weighs usually between 5-6 lbs. The youngest, Gideon, is 4 years old and weighs around 7 lbs. They are the love of my life and extremely spoiled. I have to say, I truly love my furry babies.
So, I hope I haven't shared more than anyone would like to know. I'm off to the doctor on Thursday, so I'm hoping to have a remedy for my arm soon. Here is more of my iPhone artwork and pictures of my boys!
Samson

Gideon

"Fossil Fairy"
Digital iPhone Artwork by Andrea

7 comments:

  1. OMG! AND OY TO THE WORLD! I zipped over here to visit and am greeted by the most beautiful little baby angel and photos of 2 beautiful puppies. (i adore and love dogs!) Please, please please my friend do consider selling your art because I adore and love it also - and I covet it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri Kahrs said......
    Love hearing more about you, Andrea! And your babies are beautiful!!! Unfortunately, I don't have any recommendations for a printer/scanner. But if I hear of something wonderful, I'll let you know! Hugs, Terri xoxo
    (Terri, sorry! somehow I pushed the wrong button to post your comment! Good thing I still had original email)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea, LOVE the doggie pics! Too cute, and your little angel is precious. Great job. Riki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your furry little children. I have a Pomeranian too and he is the sweetest dog! I just love him to pieces, he is definitely one of the best breeds of dogs, and I know what you are saying about the spoiling part!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What precious pictures and art - your puppies rock!! And you should be selling ALL your artwork too! Do you have an Etsy shop Andrea? If not you should think about opening one. I am thinking about doing the same thing in the coming year. Are you on Red Bubble? If not you should be. I sell a lot of my prints and cards on the site. If you need any help getting started just let me know.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanted to send along some wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    Hugs, Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Andrea! I've been enjoying your digital images. You're very talented. Love your banner and the New Year image you created. If you haven't gotten a printer yet and you want to print beautiful artwork you might consider getting an Epson and not one of those all in one jobbies either. I don't know what your budget is but I've had two photographic models, and old R200 and now a large format R2400 (the photographic models usually start with an R) and have never been disappointed in print quality. Oh, also make sure you get a printer where you have individual inks...that's the only way to go these days.

    I've added you to my followers list so I shall be watching what other beautiful artwork you create. :-)

    ♥Gail

    ReplyDelete